Thursday 2 August 2007

Everybody Owns Lara Croft's Ass (^_^)

No, this isn't some hentai tie-up between Everybody's Golf (i.e. Hot Shots Golf) and Tomb Raider. Now that would be weird. About as weird as what I just found:



Aaaanyway, I pwned Lara Croft's big comeback game, Tomb Raider Legend last week. Thanks to therealpidge05, who got it for my birthday a little early! Me love you long time, baby!



I've always had a couple of reasons for being interested in the TR games, and I played a little of the 1st one and the 4th one way back, but this is the first one I've bothered to to play till the end. It came out spring last year, so I'm definitely LTTP, but who cares? I really enjoyed it. It's not very long, which made a refreshing change from Blue Dragon and Final Fantasy V Advance that I'd played just before.

It's also pretty easy, but enjoyably so. Very little hair-tearing, and I was able to play through the game a few times to get all the achievements. 360 Achievement Whores, this game is for you (^_-). So yeah, the achievements are kinda hollow, as probably everyone has spanked Lara's arse game by now (^_^).



The graphics aren't Gears of War quality, but I like them, there's good use of light and shadow, and the music sounds good enough to draw me into the action. In fact the whole game from the intro when you first load up strives successfully to create a Bond With Breasts action movie atmosphere. There's even a few nods to the movies, too, such as the layout of Lara's mansion resembling the one from the 1st movie (haven't seen the 2nd one) and a few of the movie's outfits appearing in the long list of unlockable costumes.



The highest recommendation I can give Tomb Raider Legend is simply that I didn't want to put the controller down, and now I'm really looking forward to a hopefully decent version of Tomb Raider Anniversary coming to 360, in whatever form it takes. Seeing as you can probably pick this game up for half price or less now, go check it out!



Since I finished TR Legend, I've started playing Prey, another denizen of the 360 bargain bucket from last year. So far, I don't like it nearly as much ol' Lara's game. But you never know, maybe it'll get better.



Oh yeah, I finally broke the 50K point barrier on 1UP! Yay me! So now my rank is... "Shadow Mage"? WTF? I was hoping I'd rank up from Genome Soldier to Revolver Ocelot! Or at least that guy peeing off the side of a building in MGS 2...

No comments: