Sunday 8 July 2007

"It's over, Prime."

Hey, there everyone.

As you may have noticed from my 1UP page, I like Transformers. Have done since I was in primary school in the 80s. I was the sad Transformers guru/otaku who knew all the profiles of all the Transformers and everyone else consulted to know what their Transformers could do when we played at school. A sort of Transformers DM, if you will. So otaku, but hey, I was a kid, ya know? Do you remember tech specs, those little pieces on each character's personality on the back of every box? Here's a reminder (^_^):



I've since forgotten all that incredibly useful knowledge now and I'm not such a hardcore fan and collector as I was back in the day. But I'm still one of those guys who gets excited when I hear the line, "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost." You've got The Touch. You've got The Powwweerrrr... YEAH! (^_^)

Actually, therealpidge05 just sent me a copy of the new edition of Transformers The Movie (as opposed to the new movie which is just called Transformers) on DVD for my upcoming birthday (Thank you very much, by the way!), complete with awesome lenticular cover. Shame it's separate from the case and therefore falls on the floor all the time, but it's still great.







Here's what the cover looks like... which transforms (narf!) into this one...












I think the movie has been hitting cinemas in the US recently, but Japan has to wait till mid August to get their giant robo on. I'm not too optimistic about the movie because I've been disappointed a zillion times before by hyped up movies. And this take on the TF universe doesn't look very faithful to the original - how could it be, considering the original movie bombed big time at the box office? And with a mega$bucks budget comes mega$bucks risk, so the producers have to fuck up my childhood memories adapt the concept for a wider audience. I get that. But that's what makes me not so optimistic about the upcoming movie. I hope it'll be good. But Megatron. *sigh* Meggy, Meggy, Meggy. You will always be a Walther P-38 to me...

Speaking of ol' Megs, I read on White Fang's blog that there's a remade version of Megatron (Masterpiece Megatron)! I have a Masterpiece Optimus from a couple of years back, and wondered at the time why there was no equivalent version of Megs. About bloody time! Shame the US version has to have a smeggy orange barrel tip added because of US gun laws, but that's what you get when people rob 7-11s with a Megatron in gun mode. How anyone could fall for that is beyond me, but there you go...


Masterpiece Megatron. He pwns Starscream's whiny arse, and you know it!


Would love to hear some comments on the new movie from anyone, positive or otherwise. But no spoilers please! Any spoilers and I'll go Hulk Smash! on your ass (^_^).

No comments: