Thursday 19 April 2007

BoomBoom Nova

I forgot to mention yesterday how this TV advert


has been making me laugh every time I see it on Japanese TV. Well the 15 second version makes me laugh. This 30 second version gets the comedy timing a bit wrong.

In case you don't know, NOVA are one of the more popular English conversation (eikaiwa) schools in Japan. I have to stop myself from laughing out loud like a loony when I think about this ad!

My wife wonders if this ad was made to divert attention from the recent murder of NOVA teacher Lindsey Ann Hawker.

Somehow I doubt that, as I assume it would take more time to plan and approve a TV ad, but what do I know?

After the bungled attempt to arrest the prime suspect and the ensuing manhunt, I wonder if he'll really be caught now that attention has turned to the gunning down of the mayor of Nagasaki and the Virginia Tech massacre.

Sorry to go all serious on you guys, but that's what's on my mind right now. My thoughts go out to all the victims of these terrible events.

No comments: