Thursday 5 April 2007

Blue Dragon Anime Series Coming!


So, for the last week or so I've been playing Blue Dragon, or Le Dragon Bleu, if you wear a stripy shirt and beret. It's pretty cool. I love the graphics and the awesomely cheesemungous boss theme.

Anyway, I just noticed and downloaded the Blue Dragon anime preview on Xbox Live (Japan). It looks OK, but the voices don't sound as good. They used a different voice cast, although in the case of the hero, Shu, that's a good thing. His deep voice that's obviously being performed by a female voice actress kinda sucks. I feel a bit embarassed when he says, "Ore ha makene- ze!" (I never lose!), which is pretty often.

Also, this is the first time I can say a game looks better than a TV show/movie. There's something about the TV show's art style that makes Akira Toriyma's chara designs rough looking and not as pleasant to look at.

Apparently this is old news to the hardcore anime peeps, but it's news to me! Strange that the trailer would go up on Xbox Live today considering the show starts tomorrow morning! Nice work on the marketing there!

No comments: