Sunday 29 April 2007

Ge, Ge, Ge, Ge-Ge, Ge-Ge...

Today is my first quiet day in a while where I get time to think and do my own thing. Which is why I haven't posted in a week. This last week or so has been pretty hectic with crunch time coming on my driving lessons and me actually having work to do at school for a change! Great, but bad timing to have everything come at me at the same time!



This post is really for you, therealpidge, seeing as you watched a whole load (the entire run?) of the original anime GeGeGe no Kitarou when you were here in Japan.

As you can see from the pic above, a live action movie based on the anime was released in cinemas here on Saturday. It's not top on my list, but I'd like to see it soon. The main reason I'm posting about this is just to mention the hilarious adverts they've been running in the local Warner Mycal cinema. As far as I can tell they were made exclusively for Warner Mycal. You know those ads they have where they ask you to shut yer damn pie hole and turn your phone off during the movie? Well, they get the yokai (Japanese supernatural) creatures from the movie to demonstrate how not to behave in a cinema - with amusing results. I tried searching for them on the web to no avail. Maybe I can sneak a recording home with my mobile phone and post them on Youtube or something when I go see Spider-Man 3 on Tuesday.

For anyone who's interested, here's some info on the movie in English and the movie's official website in Japanese.

You've got the GeGeGe game for the Famicom, haven't you?


What surprised me was finding out today that it got released in English as Ninja Kid! Especially as he's not a ninja... (^_^;

Well, I'll be back in the next couple of days with more info!

No comments: