Wednesday 18 April 2007

Random Task!

Well, random stuff, actually, but I couldn't resist the Austin Powers reference!

I haven't blogged in a week because I've had a lot on my plate. The new school year has started so I'm back at work again, but at the start of the year there's very little for me to do except turn up to work and veg out! Funny how I arrive home from work tired from a hard day's veg...

But I have been doing lots of driving lessons and studying for the written test. It's not fun trying to remember all those figures and tables they make you learn - it's even harder doing it in Japanese.

A few weeks ago I had to do a kind of crash course in first aid for drivers if there's a car accident. Doctor Who viewers may find the following photos disturbing...




Another insidious Auton invasion? You decide.


Not long to go now till the end of my course. Fingers crossed I pass the test!

In other news... Red Bull finally comes to my town!



Yay! It's only in one shop - the local Doutor cafe - but at least it's finally come to Fukuoka. After 8 years of living in Japan I can finally start up my Red Bull addiction again!(^o^)

And now something a little more tech/video game-related...

I'm sure there are many gamers who have a significant other who isn't in to video games as much as they are. And a lot of times you're playing a game or watching TV but they tell you to turn that goddamn noise down. Especially now my wife is pregnant, the sound of chainsawing Locust in Gears of War isn't exactly what she wants to hear (or see for that matter!) while she's dealing with morning sickness!

So it was time to do something about it. I hate cables - as anyone has who's seen my apartment is aware, I probably have enough game-related cables to run around the world! So I decided to invest in some wireless surround sound headphones. And here they are:



Yes, I do look like a total tool in that photo (^_^). After I took it I remembered this:


Ah, Dreamcast, we knew ye for but a short time...


I got the Panasonic RP-WF6000-K, if anyone's interested. Really comfortable headphones compared to the others in my local Yodobashi Camera electronics store. Plus they were on a time sale and I used my points I stored up there. So I took them home for only 15,000 yen! Pretty tasty! It makes such a difference now I can play games or watch TV as much as I like without disturbing the ol' ball and chain wife! (^_^)

Shout out to all my friends reading this and my brother. I'm outta here!

No comments: